Monday, September 3, 2012

Action - Bodybar Gym Sessions

Since the commencement of grade 12 I have committed to a workout routine at the Bodybar Gym in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Under the guidance of a senior trainer and one of my former colleagues in school I have formulated a workout routine where I am able to work each muscle group of the body an even number of times throughout the week. Below is the routine that I devised:
 
Monday - Back + Biceps muscle groups
Tuesday - Chest + Triceps muscle groups
Thursday - Shoulders + abdominal muscle groups
Friday - Leg muscle groups

The above routine provides a balance and enables me to work each muscle group effectively and evenly throughout the week. By following this routine in the long run I believe I will be able to make many improvements in my physique and core strength as well as upper, lower body strength. 
Above is an image of me performing my primary exercise for the calf muscles. This is an example of isolation exercise. 


The above two images are of a more sophisticated exercise known as squats to work the quadricep muscles more than anything else.

The above workout is from my most recent workout and more posts will be uploaded in the upcoming weeks do document my progress in the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment