Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wall climbimg

At the beginning of the 2nd semester I aimed to increase my action related activity for this semester.Although I have continued my gym sessions from last semester I felt it wouldn't be enough as my collaborative and interactive skills weren't being tested sufficiently. One way to do this would be to engage in the Wall climbing elective as it would enable me to do I something I enjoyed and keep my physically fit whilst being able to help others in the elective. Due to having done the elective in grade 10, I was familiar with the technique of climbing as well as belaying so was prepared to help the younger students as they hoped to become experienced climbers as well.

The first session for me proved to be significantly more challenging than I anticipated. This was mainly due to lack of practise over the last one and half years as well as a bit of complacency. I found it alarmingly difficult to finish even the lowest difficulty wall and it then occured to me that I too would be learning during this process and developing skills that I thought I knew well but no longer really posessed. I hope to this during the remainder of the semester by collaborating with my teachers in charge of the elective as well as learning by watching other students and helping each other overcome our respective weaknessess in the art of wall climbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment