Monday, March 18, 2013

Secondary Production - Final Performance

Last night was the final opportunity for us to act on the stage at our school. It was a memorable experience and encouraged me to use my character to create my most convincing characterization yet. It was challenging for me to create an impact on the audience as I had a relatively small role in the play. In the past I always had either the central or one of the central characters. Due to the intensive IB workload it was suggested that the seniors only be given smaller roles. Hence I was put the test and had to make the very most of the relatively few moments I had on stage.

Below is an image of when I first come on stage. At this point I am in a neutral state of mind hence my vacant facial expression. This is an example of



The image below depicts heightened feelings of sadness when my character is on the verge of confessing for his crimes. At this point he is saddened by the events that have transpired and faces the fact that he must confess in order to save other innocent people from being tried and falsely accused.

Below is an image of me in action towards the end of the play. This picture of me is one of many outbursts of rage that my character experiences. This is the extent of his anger and the facial expression depicts the rage felt by him when confessing that there were others to blame.

To conclude, the play was a satisfying and excellent collaborative experience for me. It taught me some of the hardest aspects of teamwork and companionship. The atmosphere required to depict a court room in reality was challenging to create. I believe we succeeded and am proud of my fellow colleagues who were mostly younger than me and required the guidance of the diploma students on many occasions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment